One of the significant outcome of globalization is the tremendous growth in tourism and hospitality. Hotel Management is a glamourous profession with bright future. The demand for this course has grown teriffic from past few years in terms of career as well as Enterprenuership.
USA comes 2nd in world ranking for studying the hospitality course.
The Hospitality Management program mission is to create, share, and apply knowledge to provide hospitality to the consumers with products, services, and experiences to enhance overall well-being. Hospitality management provides opportunities to students to obtain professionional certificate in multiple areas.
Along with hospitality management students also develop expertise in managing diverse areas such as accounting and finance, human resources, marketing, food service, tourism and lodging.
Culinary arts can help improve your life in many ways. Studying culinary arts, you’ll learn how to appreciate food as an art form. Culinary instructors very well know that we eat with our eyes first. If it does not look appealing on the plate they call you out for it. Learning the fundamentals of cooking opens up more options, while choosing a career in hospitality management. Culinary schools teach you to read through the recipes chop, slice and measure every ingredient before you start the recipe.
This program combines the important components of food preparation and culinary arts, along with nutrition, food safety and sanitation, baking, art of cuisine, and food service management. These combined learning experiences will provide students with the necessary skill sets to successfully enter the food industry.This will provide the student with a real-life experience and introduction, not only in culinary arts, but also food service management.
Read on as we count down Iowa’s Top 5 Hotel Management colleges.
1. Iowa State University Iowa State University of Science and Technology is the largest university in the state of Iowa and the third largest university in the Big 12 athletic conference. This is a public land-grant and space-grant research university in Ames, Iowa. Land-grant means Open higher education to all, Teach practical classes, Share knowledge far beyond campus 🙂 Courses offered: – Food Safety – Hospitality Education – Lodging – School Food service
2. Iowa Central Community College Iowa Central Community College is a public community college in Fort Dodge, Iowa, with satellite campuses in Webster City and Storm Lake. Iowa Central has created a vibrant learning environment and has been serving, educating and changing lives for over 50 years. Iowa State’s campus contains over 160 buildings. With over 100 programs to choose from and an array of student activities, they provide an affordable and enriching alternative to four-year universities. Courses offered: – Culinary Arts & Hospitality Management, AAS – Baking and Pastry Arts Diploma – Culinary Arts Diploma
3. Iowa Lakes Community College Iowa Lakes Community College is a community college in Estherville, Iowa, with satellite campuses in Algona, Emmetsburg, Spirit Lake and Spencer, Iowa. College allows to take classes either full time or part time, evenings or weekends; via television, fiber optics or with a professor in the classroom; and via the Internet with online courses. Courses Offered: – Hotel & Restaurant Management, AAS – Hospitality Services Diploma
4. Hawkeye Community College Hawkeye Community College is a community college in Waterloo, Iowa. Hawkeye has several outlying centers in Cedar Falls, Independence, Grundy County, Waverly, and Waterloo. Courses Offered: – Hospitality principles – Restaurant and hotel management – Food and bar operations – Food safety and prep skills – Human resources – Nutrition – Event planning – Pool safety and maintenance
5. Eastern Iowa Community College The Eastern Iowa Community Colleges (EICC) includes three community colleges stretched along the Mississippi River in the U.S. state of Iowa. Eastern Iowa Community Colleges consists of the Iowa counties of Clinton, Muscatine, and Scott. Courses Offered: – Culinary Arts Apprenticeship, AAS – Culinary Arts Degree, AAS, Certificate – Culinary Arts Baking, Certificate – Hospitality Management, AAS – Hospitality – Skills, Diploma, Certificate – Hospitality – Event Management, Certificate
For a better stay and Hospitality you can always visit our Hotel in Forest City Inn Iowa !!
Forest City Luxury Hotel
1215 US-69, Forest City, IA 50436,